WHILE many people across the UK (Ok about five) are basking in the current heatwave, there are some of us who are not enjoying this hot weather.
Parents. Mums and dads across the country are hot, bothered and stressed because their little angels just won’t go to sleep at night.
As a result everyone in the house is tired, sweaty grumpy and longing for those wonderful Beast From The East days.
But fear not my shattered sweating friends. Help is at hand.
Here is the only guide you need on how to get your kids to sleep when it’s really bloody hot
1) Read all the Internet articles about how to get your kids to sleep in a heatwave that basically tell you to use thinner sheets and open the f**king windows like WE NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT.
2) Spend three million years trying to block every single last piece of sunlight from your child’s bedroom window like a manic vampire only for them to outsmart you by turning their bedside lamp on.
3) Get your children a nice cup of cold water …and throw it in their whingeing little faces.
4) Move to Iceland. The country or the supermarket depending on your budget.
5) Put your child in a cool bath and…that’s it. Walk away.
6) Get a fan for your children’s bedroom so they can get their hair caught in it or stick a body part in it and then cry for two hours.
7) Try to wear your kids out by running around outside until you all pass out with heatstroke.
8) Repeatedly tell them ‘go to sleep or you’ll be tired tomorrow’ even though in the history of bedtime that line has never made a child fall asleep.
9. Wonder if you are a bad parent when your kid tries to cuddle and you are all like ‘IT’S TOO HOT FOR BODY CONTACT GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN”
10) Open the window. Shout, ‘I’m too hot for this shit’, jump out and run away until Autumn.
READ MORE ABOUT: Barbecues in my hard hitting article for Daily Mash MAN COOKS MEAT AT BBQ BUT DOES SOD ALL ELSE.
OR BEDTIMES ON HOLIDAY: In my Holiday Bedtime Diaries (basically don’t even bother)
Check out my book that contains no baby sleep advice whatsoever… Just lots of laughs and stories about surviving the sleepless nights from someone who has been there!
Sleep Is For The Weak: How To Survive When Your Baby Won’t Go The FzZk To Sleep at book shops or on Amazon now!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email